Create a solution in your language
When you created your first solution you chose English as the bot's language and the tutorials on this site assume your bot understands English. However, Teneo supports many more languages (86), which you can read about here: Languages.
On this page, we will show you how you can create a solution in your own language. We will demonstrate this by creating a German solution, but the same principle applies to other languages as well.
The first thing we will do is create a new solution, select German as its mother tongue and base it on the template solution for German to boost it with a lot of pre-built flows like greetings, meta-requests (like Can you repeat that?), feedback (like Great! or You are stupid) and conversational small talk.
This is what you need to do to achieve this:
- Select the Plus(+) icon at the bottom right corner to create a solution.
- Make sure the solution language for this first bot is German. This will be the mother tongue of your bot.
- Under 'Solution Content', choose 'Create from Template' and select the latest version of 'Teneo Dialogue Resources German' from the list. This will boost your bot with lots of pre-built flows. The bot will then, right out of the box, understand and respond to greetings, meta-requests (like 'Can you repeat that?'), feedback (like 'Great!' or 'You are funny') and conversational small talk.
- Click 'Next' and continue by giving your solution a fitting name like,
Mein erster deutscher Bot.
- Finally, click on 'create' to create your first solution. It may take a couple of minutes for your solution to be created. You will be notified when it’s done.
Now your solution is created we are ready for the bot to have its first conversation.
Now that you have created your solution, it is time to open your solution and talk to the bot. The 'Tryout' panel in the main solution window allows you to test your bot and chat with it.
- Click on the solution to open it.
- To the bottom right corner of the Studio web, you'll find a small icon with chat icons. This is the Tryout button where the user can talk to the bot. Click on it to open up the Tryout window.
Being able to have a conversation with your bot is a crucial part of the development process to ensure that everything is working as intended.
- Say hello to your bot. For example by using the following small talk questions:
Wie geht es dir?
Mein Name ist Hans
Wie heißen Sie?
Ich mag dich
Great job, you've created your very first solution and come one step closer to becoming a Teneo ninja! Let's take a quick recap on what we did in this section:
- Created a 'Solution' that holds all the conversational logic of the bot.
- Explored 'Tryout', which allows you to interact and test the bot directly from Teneo.
- Published the first solution, making it available online.
- Interacted with the published bot through the Teneo Web Chat front end.