Your First Solution
In a few minutes, you will be able to say 'Hello!' to your first solution in Teneo! Let's get started.
First, you need to log in to Studio.
- Fill in your username and password. The login credentials are the same as for the team console used when signing up.
- Click 'login'.
Once logged in you will be greeted by the main solution window. In this view, you can see all the solutions available to you in this environment. A solution can be thought of as a container where all the bot's knowledge is stored.
As you can see, the environment has already a solution called 'Longberry Baristas'. We will now go ahead and create our own solution to be placed right beside it.
Building a bot in Teneo means building a solution. A solution is a container for all knowledge, conversational logic, and additional resources that make up your bot. This is what you need to do to create a solution:
- Select the Plus(+) icon in the bottom right corner and create a new solution.
- Select a solution language for your first bot. This will be the mother tongue of your bot. For this example, we will use English.
- Under 'Solution Content', choose 'Create from Template' and select the latest version of your language, ('Teneo Dialogue Resources English') from the list. This will boost your bot with lots of pre-built flows. The bot will then, right out of the box, understand and respond to greetings, meta-requests (like 'Can you repeat that?'), feedback (like 'Great!' or 'You are funny') and conversational small talk.
- Click 'Next' and continue by giving your solution a fitting name like,
My First Solution.
- Finally, click on 'create' to create your first solution. It may take a couple of minutes for your solution to be created. You will be notified when it’s done.
Once your solution is open you will be greeted with the solution dashboard where you can see an overview over your solution properties, together with an explanation on each of the elements inside Teneo.
Now that you have created your first solution, it is time to open your solution and talk to the bot. The 'Tryout' panel in the main solution window allows you to test your bot and chat with it.
- Open your solution by clicking on its name in the main Solutions window.
- Once inside the solution, you will be greeted with the Solution dashboard.
Being able to have a conversation with your bot is a crucial part of the development process to ensure that everything is working as intended. Let's give it a try now.
- To the bottom right corner of the Studio web window, you'll find a small icon with chat icons. This is the Tryout button where the user can talk to the bot. Click on it to open up the Tryout window.
- Test the solution by writing
Helloto your bot. The input field is at the bottom of the panel.
- Perhaps you can try some other small talk questions too, like:
How are you?
My name is John
What is my name?
I like you
Great job, you've created your very first solution! Let's take a quick recap on what we did in this section:
- Created a 'Solution' that holds all the conversational logic of the bot.
- Explored 'Tryout', which allows you to interact and test the bot directly from Teneo.