Teneo Studio Desktop includes a simple Search box in the Home tab and a more advanced search functionality in the Search tab.
In the Search box of the Home tab, it is possible to perform simple searches, while the Search tab provides many more options and possibilities to specify the search criteria.
To perform a search on the Search tab, follow the below steps:
- If not selected, click the Search tab
- Type a full word or document Id in the text search box (far left of the top ribbon) Asterisk (*) can be used to specify if the search should contain, start or end with the written letters
- Either choose one of the preset searches (see below) or select the Object Types and Properties to search across
- Lastly, click Search
Preset search options
The following preset search options are available:
- None: no object types or properties are selected - this allows to search throughout everything in the solution and can be slow (depending on the size of the solution) Use this preset search option to clear previous selections for object types and properties
- Quick: auto-selects the object types: Language Object, Entity, Flow and Class; the general property Name is selected
- All: auto-selects all object types and properties
- Scripts: chooses object types and properties in a solution where scripts might be available (i.e. scripts in Flows, defined as Matches or After Matches, Global Scripts, Context Scripts, etc.)
- TLML Syntaxes: this preset option selects object types and properties in a solution where a TLML syntaxes might be available (i.e. Language Objects or TLML Syntax Matches)
Available Object Types and Properties
It is also possible to design the search as needed, the following table includes the Object Types available to search for and the searchable properties.
|Name, Description, Id, Positive Example, Negative Example, TLML Syntax, Alias
|Name, Description, Id, Positive Example, Negative Example, Entry Value
|Name, Description, Id, Flow Resume Prompt, Flow Scripts
|Name, Id, Training Data Example, Test Data Example
|Name, Id, Description, Positive Example, Negative Example
|Name, Description, Id, Positive Example, Negative Example
|Name, Description, Id, Prompt Trigger Expression
|Language Object Name, Entity Name, Class Id, TLML Syntax Name, TLML Syntax, Scripted Context Id, Script Name, Script Expression, Variable Id
|Listener Name, Listener TLML Syntax, Listener Operation, Script Name, Script Expression, Language Object Name, Entity Name
|Name, Description, Id, URL, Answer Text, Resume Prompt, Output Parameter Key, Output Parameter Value, Skip Condition Expression
|Name, Description, Id, Execution Script
|Flow Link Node
|Name, Description, Id, Target Flow Id
|Name, Description, Id
|Name, Description, TLML Syntax, Listener Operation
|Name, Description, Value
|Name, Description, Id, Session and Engine Scripts
The Search button, in the top ribbon, provides different options for where to search when performing searches.
The following options are available:
- Current solution: searches through the currently open solution
- All solutions: searches through all solutions in the server environment
- Current solution and its referenced lexical resources: allows to search through the currently opened solution and any lexical resource assigned to the solution
- All solutions and all lexial resources: allows to search through all the available solutions and all the available lexical resources in the server environment
Search results are displayed in the main window of Teneo Studio; the list of results include, in the first column to the left, the object types' icon (e.g. Flow, Language Object, Entity, ...) of where the text string was found, then the Name column and lastly the location (solution path, lexical resource path). The search results can be sorted by clicking any of the column headers.
The following documents in a solution and/or environment can be be opened from the Search results. Documents from other solutions are always opened in read-only mode.
|In the current solution
|In another solution (same environment)
|Classes (opens the Class Manager with the Class pre-selected)
If the user selects another folder after running a search, the search results can be accessed again (without running the same search twice) by clicking Search results in the lower left side of the Solution Explorer.
Search and copy across solutions
Search for documents across all the solutions in the server by clicking the search All Solutions option; this allows, for example, to copy Flows, Entities and Language Objects across solutions.
To do this, run the search using the All Solutions option; in the Search results select the document(s) to copy, press the Ctrl key while dragging/dropping the documents onto a folder in the Solution Explorer. Alternatively, use the Copy/Paste buttons available in the top ribbon.
Search for usage of Flows and Sub-flows
When a Flow Link node has been given a name or description, then these properties are searchable by following the below steps:
- Go to the Search tab
- Under the Object Type, select Flow Link Node
- Under the General properties, select Name and/or Description
- Type the name or description of the Flow link node in the search text field
- Click Search
If no specific name or description has been given to the Flow Link node, the it is possible to search for the Target Flow Id property of the child Flow, this way, in the search results all the Flows containing a Flow link node pointing to that child Flow are displayed. To perform this search, follow the below steps:
- Right-click the Flow/Sub-flow used by other Flows and select the Copy Id to clipboard option in the context menu
- Go to the Search tab
- Under the Object type, select Flow Link Node
- Under Other properties, select Target Flow Id
- Paste the copied Id into the search text box (Ctrl+v)
- Click Search
Search for Language Objects and Entities
Use the Search tab to find Language Objects and Entities belong to a lexical resource which is assigned to the solution or available in the server environment by following the below steps:
- Click the Search tab in the main Teneo Studio window
- Click None to clear the preset search
- Next, click Language Object and/or Entity
- In the right side of the top ribbon, the specific properties for Language Objects and Entities will appear, by default all properties are selected, deselect the ones not needed in the search
- Now, in the Search field (to the far left) write the word to search for It is possible to search for complete Language Object or Entity names, parts of an object's name or simply the object type's suffix. The unknown parts of the name can be filled with an * (asterisk).
- Last, click the lower part of the Search button. This will open a dropdown menu, select Current Solution and its referenced Lexical Resources to search only in referenced lexical resources, or All Solutions and All Lexical Resources to search in all solutions and lexical resources in the server.